Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A glimpse of my life today....

Today I folded a huge mound of laundry. And even put a lot of it away.

Today I had to hide from a crying two-year old.

Today I was reminded about 50 times by Summer that I was the Grandma in the game.

Today I did not clean up the lipstick that ended up all over the bathroom mirror and counter top. I didn't even know I owned any lipstick.

Today Skylie sure thought she looked pretty when she put lipstick all over her face and put my eyeshadow on.

Today I had to teach my kids about why we shouldn't be jealous and about overcoming the natural man. They ended up laughing at me. And Briggs had to point out that he was a man.

Today Kash shocked himself while pulling out the vacuum plug.

Today I got a little upset when I found out the new DVD I just bought is lost already. I once again said I refuse to buy any more movies.

Today two little girls sprayed about half a bottle of hairspray all over my bathroom and in each others hair. I made a mental note never to buy the aerosol again. Too easy for little girls to spray.

Today I was really stiff from my aerobics class yesterday.

Today I dropped a huge, full jar of pickles and it splattered everywhere, including Summer's eye. While I went to grab a towel Kash slipped in it and covered his clothes and hair in stinky pickle juice.

Today I tried to take a nap. Unfortunatly it didn't work.

Today we ate Thanksgiving leftovers for supper.

Today Summer was spraying Kash with leather protector. Luckily I caught her before too much damage was done.

Today I was sad I couldn't watch my kids play champs. I didn't have the energy to pack all my kids there.

Today I was happy to hear Steve say he was really proud of Briggs and Haylie for how well they did at champs.

Today my kids smashed soda crackers all over the kitchen floor.

Today I slept in.

Today I was excited to go play basketball.

Today I was a little overwhelmed.

Today Skylie dumped a whole bottle of water on the carpet.

Today I almost reached my breaking point when I found diaper rash cream all over the little kids bedroom.

Today I was thankful for Micah who volunteered to put Summer in bed, read her a story, said prayers with her, and gave her some of her stuffed animals to sleep with.

4 comments:

melissa said...

i literally can't imagine a day like that. i seriously get mad when i have to make dinner and ruin a day of laziness. trace, you seriously a champion in my eyes.

and i really loved this post so much

Anonymous said...

wow tracie - you are a trooper! i hope today goes a little smoother. and you might as well teach skylie and summer how to properly apply makeup because they sure seem to get into it alot! and i had to laugh when briggs pointed out he was a man...haha
leslie

mishel said...

Tracie it seems the fun never stops at your house...I think a girls night out is in order!

Anonymous said...

today i love micah for you too!! it sounds like you left summer and skylie alone for too long. you should know better...
sounds like one of those days!
oh and why did you have to teach your kids about the natural man? thata sounds like a whole nother post!
shann