Sunday, December 20, 2009
So after having four kids I pretty much thought I had things all figured out, thought I was a pretty good mom and had pretty good kids. Number five has definitely been....um interesting. Love her to death but she has definitely thrown me off a bit.
So Summer always wants breakfast. She will eat it and then an hour later want more. And then for lunch want more. And then for a snack..breakfast. This isn't as bad as it sounds cause it's not like she wants frootloops or frosted flakes non stop, it's usually mush so it's at least healthy. And I don't always give in. But on to the real problem... she has been waking up at 3:00 am almost every night lately insisting on breakfast. So what would you do is my question.
Do you make it a quick, painless thing and get up, get her breakfast and tell her when she's done to go to bed. Yes it's probably not the best thing cause I'm giving into her and letting her have her way which is something we're trying not to do, it's probably not a great habit to get her into either, but in total is about a 5 minute process.
Or do you not give in, and tell her to go back to bed. This option involves about a 20 minute fight to get her to go back to bed, only to have her in your bedroom about 10 minutes later to do it all over again. Oh and if you lock the door on her it is even worse cause she will cry and scream until you open the door. It's really quite pleasant. It usually is at least and hour or two before anyone gets any sleep.
One of us is determined not to give into her and one of us just doesn't care cause they value their sleep more than anything. Anyone that knows us well can figure out who is who.
So what would you do??
And I'll end this post with a quote from Sarra about Summer. "She is so small, but so powerful". I love it cause it describes Summer exactly.
Monday, November 23, 2009
Me: I already said no Summer.
Summer: Please??? I want another doughnut.
Summer: I want another doughnut. (yelling in her mad voice)
Summer: Mom you should go to bed. Just go to bed mom. You're tired. (in her nice voice as she is on a stool staring at the doughnuts)
Summer: Mom go to bed.
Summer: Mom just go to bed. Your tired. (very mad voice)
I love that she is so smart and tried to trick me into going to bed just so she could sneak a doughnut. I was trying so hard not to burst out laughing the whole time. And I hate to admit it but, I gave her the doughnut. Persistent little girl.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
The other day Sklie drew a ton of pictures and hung them all over my bedroom and down the hallway. My favorite is this one she hung over my bed. I love the rainbow dress.
Well here we are at the airport. Leslie and Mike are living in Laramie right now while Mike is going to school so Leslie flew to Utah for the weekend. She was expecting Melissa to pick her up and you can tell from the pictures she was a little surprised to see us!!
eventually made it back to the car, we just waited at this sign and eventually got picked up again by the shuttle bus.
Haylie and Micah had the time of their lives because Emilys girls happened to be going to Lagoon for the day so they got to go with them. They had a blast!!
Here are all the cousins at the baby shower. It was so fun getting together for the day.
les don't kill me for putting this picture on) We love the heart on your stomach pose. haha.
awesome hostess, she had the shower at her place and let us all crash their for the weekend. It was fun getting to spend some time with her.
And here is just a few little fun things that we learned on our trip...
1. Sometimes you don't even need to hear the sound to enjoy a movie.
2. There is NOT a temple in Butte.
3. Cheese actually tastes good in a can.
4. The odometer on the gps is more accurate than the one in the burb.
5. That an airport is almost just as fun as Lagoon. And a lot cheaper.
6. You can never eat at Wingers too many times.
7. That Margaret isn't always right, and can be a little annoying at times.
8. That it is worth the drive to Utah, even if your only there for one day.
9. You should never pull the rope on a shuttle bus that alarms the driver to stop, especially if it's not your stop.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
The kids had free reign of practically the whole campground and they took advantage of that. They ran around all night playing and having fun. Anyways here's some pictures from the weekend.
I'm pretty sure these two will get married.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Today I had to hide from a crying two-year old.
Today I was reminded about 50 times by Summer that I was the Grandma in the game.
Today I did not clean up the lipstick that ended up all over the bathroom mirror and counter top. I didn't even know I owned any lipstick.
Today Skylie sure thought she looked pretty when she put lipstick all over her face and put my eyeshadow on.
Today I had to teach my kids about why we shouldn't be jealous and about overcoming the natural man. They ended up laughing at me. And Briggs had to point out that he was a man.
Today Kash shocked himself while pulling out the vacuum plug.
Today I got a little upset when I found out the new DVD I just bought is lost already. I once again said I refuse to buy any more movies.
Today two little girls sprayed about half a bottle of hairspray all over my bathroom and in each others hair. I made a mental note never to buy the aerosol again. Too easy for little girls to spray.
Today I was really stiff from my aerobics class yesterday.
Today I dropped a huge, full jar of pickles and it splattered everywhere, including Summer's eye. While I went to grab a towel Kash slipped in it and covered his clothes and hair in stinky pickle juice.
Today I tried to take a nap. Unfortunatly it didn't work.
Today we ate Thanksgiving leftovers for supper.
Today Summer was spraying Kash with leather protector. Luckily I caught her before too much damage was done.
Today I was sad I couldn't watch my kids play champs. I didn't have the energy to pack all my kids there.
Today I was happy to hear Steve say he was really proud of Briggs and Haylie for how well they did at champs.
Today my kids smashed soda crackers all over the kitchen floor.
Today I slept in.
Today I was excited to go play basketball.
Today I was a little overwhelmed.
Today Skylie dumped a whole bottle of water on the carpet.
Today I almost reached my breaking point when I found diaper rash cream all over the little kids bedroom.
Today I was thankful for Micah who volunteered to put Summer in bed, read her a story, said prayers with her, and gave her some of her stuffed animals to sleep with.
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Here's my awesome smartie cake. This is the first year that he hasn't had a cool cake like dirt biking or monster truck and so I was hoping that he wouldn't notice, and luckily he didn't say anything.
So this is a little out of order but Briggs got these swords from me and it was cute watching the kids fight with them. It's funny how Kash is only one but because he is a boy he knew that these were cool and loved trying to fight with them.
At least the kids kept the guns outside like they were supposed to. They actually know how to shoot the guns properly and it really hurt. Especially when you get hit in the face. And I am speaking from experience. You know the saying "it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye"? Well just ask Briggs about that one. He was the poor victim that almost lost an eye. And just have to add that Kash was in marsh mellow heaven. He was more than happy to eat all the marsh mellows that they were shooting all over my living room.
Since I can't do a birthday post without telling a few things about Briggs here we go....
1. Anyone that knows Briggs knows he is OBSESSED with dirtbikes. He is constantly asking Steve to take him dirtbiking. I'm not a fan of the hobby at all but Steve reassures me that it's ok. (coming from someone that shattered all the bones in his face a few years ago)
2. He also loves riding his pedal bike (which I prefer). He is always finding little jumps everywhere, whether it's the curbs, mounds in the ground, sticks, whatever, he is always doing little jumps. We have a jump that Steve made that stays in our driveway that him and his friends love.
3. He reminds me so much of Weston. He's constantly poking, bugging, wiggling, smothering, maybe a little pesty, loud, and did I mention poking. Maybe this is just a boy thing to do but since I only have Weston to compare him to, I do.
4. Briggs worries about things. The other day at champs him and some friends were playing in the hall and I went out and told them the janitor was going to come and get mad (cause he always does). Right away Briggs wanted to go in. He kept telling his friends to come in, and let's just go play on the stage. He was worried about getting in trouble. Or maybe he's just really obedient....
5. Loves playing on the play station.
6. Gets along really good with his sisters and will play all their girly games with them cause he has no choice.
7. Is almost always the last one left at the dinner table.
8. In grade one and has picked up on reading really good. Loves me reading stories to him at bedtime.
9. I hardly ever get mad at Briggs. For the most part he is such a good kid.
10. Loves riding his skateboard. He would go to the skatepark everyday if I let him. Every time we drive by he says, "mom there's no big kids at the skate park, we should go".
11. Loves to play with friends and always wants to have one over.
12. I honestly couldn't tell you his favorite food. He's kind of picky (reason he's always last at the table). I'll have to ask him. I do know that he really likes cheese pizza. And hot dogs.
13. Has a tender heart. If he does something wrong or you have to get after him he always feels so bad.
14. Can do a back flip on the trampoline.
15. The first thing he asks when he gets home from school is "can I have something sugary? I really feel like something sugary."
16. Loves playing basketball, baseball and golfing.
We all love Briggs so much. He is such a fun boy to have around. Can't believe that he is 7!!