Sunday, November 14, 2010

Halloween Fun

Halloween was really fun this year. On Saturday I decided to go get some pumpkins to carve which is one of my worst things, but I knew the kids would like it. Of course since I waited until the day before Halloween there was no pumpkins to be found anywhere. So I decided that maybe we could do some crafts instead. I was thinking maybe one or two small, simple little crafts but before I new it there was paint, glue, plates, pipe cleaner, tape and all sorts of crafts spread all over my kitchen and into the living room. It was fun and I'd way rather do that then carve pumpkins.

I thought this little mummy was really cute that Summer made. It's just a juice box wrapped in paper. She was really proud of it too.

I love the faces on Skylie and Summers ghost! You can tell Micah is a perfectionist with hers.


Here are a few more of the crafts the kids made. The rest are stuck on windows and out on the steps.

This year our ward had a Halloween dance. The kids loved it. It was fun watching them out dancing with all their friends. I really have a hard time finding costumes for all eight of us but once they are all figured out and bought I love dressing up and getting the kids all ready. Here they are all ready for the dance! And no Kash is not dressed up like an orphan. These are his favorite mismatched clothes he wears almost everyday with the boots. He was supposed to be a fireman but would not put the costume on.

Our all time favorite show in our family is Nacho Libre. Someone is always quoting something from the movie. Usually it's Steve. So for those of you that have seen the movie you'll appreciate our costumes.

The kids were seriously so excited that Steve was dressed like this. I think Steve was a little excited too. And I think only those that have seen the movie will appreciate the next picture.

4 comments:

bgibb said...

i love the crafts! so cute.
i love all the kids costumes. and i love how skylie and summer are posing the exact same with their head tilted like that.
and maybe i need to give that dumb movie a second chance.

Brianne said...

I love that movie! Cute pics.

Leslie said...

haha oh my heck your costumes are perfect! all of them! steve is such a nerd - and i love how kash is trying to copy steve! and holy smokes - briggs looks SO grown up in that picture! when did he get so tall and grown up looking?

The Eatons said...

K steve is never allowed to stand like that and nuns aren't supposed to be that pretty.