Monday, May 11, 2009

I have issues with running....

I'm not sure what I've gotten myself into. A few months ago my mom called and said she was signing up to run in the 8km LadiesFest Run and I thought well if my mom can do it, I'm sure I can too. So I signed up. After all I used to love running. I would actually get excited about running. I would even do it everyday. Times have sure changed. I don't know if it's cause I'm always completely exhausted, or if I'm just out of shape, or cause my body is getting old and everything hurts during and after a run, but I just can't get motivated to get ready for this run. Now I know it's no marathon, it's just 8km (5 miles for you Americans), but my competitive side just doesn't want to finish in last place, so I need to get in a little shape before. And I am just not doing it. It doesn't help that I absolutely hate the wind and refuse to go outside running in it. So that leaves the treadmill at the gym. And I die of boredom after 2 miles and can't go any longer.

I remember when I was in junior high and we ran in the Cardston 5 miler for school. I remember honestly feeling like I was going to die/throw up/dehydrate the whole time. I did not enjoy it. I have a feeling I might just have to relive that day again. Soon.

4 comments:

the fellers said...

you will do good, I know it!

Hilorie said...

Good luck!..You will do awesome!

bgibb said...

after reading that, i'm sooooo glad i said no!

Tanya said...

That's awesome! I know it's really hard to get motivated.I just started training again, and it stinks. We'll have to keep each other motivated.