Sunday, May 3, 2009

I'm back.....

I have seriously fallen off the face of the computer world. I have not blogged (obviously), have not checked anybody's blog, which is something that I'm usually obsessed with, and I have hardly even been on facebook (another obsession). I don't know what my problem is. Oh wait, maybe it's the six kids I have and a million other things I have had going on lately. Anyways, thought it was time for a quick update. Not sure where to begin....

Over Easter holidays we went up to Blackfalls, (actually Blackfolds I found out after almost missing the turn) for a few days. I met my mom and Brette up there. It was fun for the kids to play, and for us to play too! I can sum up what we did in about four words. Ticket to Ride, and food. My mom and Brette bought this game while we were there and we it was the best purchase of the trip. We completely neglected the kids, they occasionally got a mini egg or carrot and a diaper change, and we played and played. I was dreaming about the game.
One day we the kids organized a talent show. Here are a few pictures from that...

Haylie of course had to be the m.c.

Unlike Haylie who loves to be the center of attention here is Micah. She was to shy to do a talent so we talked her into drawing a picture for it, which by the way she loves and is very good at.

And I have to say that I just love my mom. She has no problem doing anything for some good entertainment. She recited a poem and had the kids full attention the whole time. They weren't sure what to think!

My mom's captive audience. Notice there are some smiles, some concerned faces, Micah even looks a little scared in the back.

The star of the show in my eyes, Shannon. I'm just glad they didn't get a picture of me doing my dance.

And here is our party pooper judge. She was a good judge. There were plenty of other numbers. A duet, a few soloists. It was great.

Other than playing our game non-stop and the talent show, me and Shannon took the kids swimming which they loved, made a stop at Mcdonalds, and did a little rushed shopping.

Just a few other random things that have been going on...

Here is Kash thinking he is so hot. This is his favorite place right now where he thinks he's pretty cool. He'll stand with one hand for a few seconds, sometimes even with no hands when he wants to be really tricky.

And here is a picture of his first hair cut. Steve hates his hair and has been bugging me to cut it forever so I did.

Here's a family pic before church one day minus Kash. I don't get pictures of my kids all together often enough. And of course I couldn't get one of everyone looking. This was the best I got.

Some quick tidbits....Summer is still scared of "airplanes", every time she sees an antenna she is still scared and insists it's an airplane.

Haylie made her first batch of cookies this weekend. Instead of 1/4 tsp of baking soda she put in 1/4 cup. They tasted great......Her and Micah both love helping in the kitchen. Haylie is always eager to make her stand by, grill cheese sandwiches and tomatoe soup.

We have had a few snow days and there's been lots of playing with friends. When will spring ever come????

I have been busy the last couple days scrapbooking a wedding book for one of the girls I taught in young women's. I don't know if my house will ever recover from the neglect it's had the last few days.

This post seems really random to me and I'm sorry. Hope it makes sense. I will get better. Promise.

4 comments:

melissa said...

Loved the post! i have been craving one from you for the longest time! I couldn't help but laugh so hard out loud-not when shannon was playing the trumpet, or not even when your mom dressed up like that, i literally laughed the hardest looking at shannon in the audience and being more intrigued then any kid that was sitting there. I miss your family so much, i can't wait for the first!!!

the fellers said...

I just love randomness...and your mom, and your kids and all of you guys, so cute!

Anonymous said...

oh please delete the trumpet picture!!! mom does look great.
remember our first batch of cookies? 1/4 cup of salt instead of 1/4 tsp?
shannon

Hilorie said...

It looks like you had such a fun trip!!!