Sunday, April 19, 2009

My child has serious issues....

So a couple of posts ago I wrote about how Skylie and Summer are scared of things and are having issues going outside because of it. Well I'm happy to report that Skylie is totally over her fear of flies now and will happily play outside for hours.

Summer on the other hand is still scared of everything and it's driving me crazy. She will come in saying she's scared on "piders", and bugs, she will be traumatized forever because of the garbage truck, but most of all she is still scared of airplanes. Every time she goes out she comes running back in saying "airplane, airplane" and she will not go back out. So I told Steve about this and of course he thought it was completely ridiculous and he wanted to solve the problem right then. So he had Summer bring him outside to show him the airplane, which actually didn't even exist it turns out. Instead she pointed to this........


Yup, that is the view of our antenna from our deck she plays (or used to play) on all the time. I will give her credit though, it does kind of look like an airplane. No wonder there was constantly an airplane outside.

So Steve got a ladder and hauled Summer up on the roof to show her it wasn't scary. He was touching it and trying to get her to do the same. She of course wouldn't, and just wanted down while crying threw the whole process. I've said it before and I'll say it again..it's going to be a long summer.

2 comments:

the fellers said...

oh my gosh tracie, I LOVE your family!

Anonymous said...

"airplanes" can be really scary. after i read your last post about the flies, marlie and i were outside adn she was scared of them too, and the spiders... i guess they both take after mom, and they will always have their vaccumes out too.
shannon