Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Scaredy cats..

So I am loving that it is finally nice outside. So are my kids. They have been loving playing outside. Except for one little problem. The other day Skylie was outside and came running in petrified of something. I asked her what was wrong and she said she saw a fly. And of course if Skylie is scared so is Summer. So they were both freaking out about this fly and would not go back outside. I knew it would be a long spring if I didn't teach them right now that flies are not scary. So I took them out on the deck and told them all they had to was sing the song "Shoo fly don't bother me" and the flies wouldn't get them. I even sang it to the fly and luckily the fly held perfectly still through the whole song, proving my theory exactly. So they forgot about the fly and went and played.

The next day they were outside only a few minutes and I heard Skylie singing the song to another fly. See it works.

A few minutes later Summer came running in petrified yelling, "airplane, airplane". Yes she is scared of airplanes apparantly. It could be a really long summer.

1 comment:

the fellers said...

oh my gosh, your kids are the best!