Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools!!

So I love April Fools Day. I love trying to think of little pranks to pull and jokes to tell. My problem is that I try and tell a little joke and I have a permagrin the whole time and it is really obvious to everyone that I'm not telling the truth. I thought of some good pranks to pull involving oreo cookies and toothpaste and I went to make the cookies and realized that Steve ate all the eggs this morning. So that didn't work. The best I came up with was putting stuff in the kids pillow cases and losing Haylie's spot in her book (which I don't think she even noticed).

My kids on the other hand were quite the little tricksters this morning. I went to the gym early this morning and while I was gone there was all sorts of tricks being pulled. They got all the shoes from the entrance and hide them (which backfired cause they had to put them all away after), put all the stools on top of the table, switched things around in the bathroom, rearranged the stuff on the fridge, and put duct tape on the faucet which sprayed all over Steve. hehe. Oh and a favorite of mine when I was younger, put an elastic over the handle of the sprayer on the sink so when the water goes on it sprays. Luckily for Steve he didn't turn the water on full blast.

A classic at our house growing up was switching the salt and the sugar. I made the mistake of telling Haylie about it yesterday. She said she wouldn't do it but sure enough, she did. And the April Fools Day scrooge happened to be the victim. By scrooge I mean Steve. I guess he wasn't the victim, it was actually Briggs, but it was Steve that got everyone breakfast this morning. Anyways he was not impressed that he had to waste a whole bowl of cereal and the milk that went with it. I guess they never pulled that prank at his house.

2 comments:

mishel said...

That's Awesome! My kids just tried to tell us that there was an elephant in the front yard....guess my kids could learn a thing or two from yours! ha,ha!

melissa said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! awwww...perfect, that is absolutley perfect!