Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Echo Lake....

We had a blast this year at Echo like always. I love being down there so much and could of stayed another couple weeks. Just our family went and it was so nice just being on our own time table and doing whatever we wanted whenever. The kids had most of their fun just playing in the water and swimming. I felt like even if we didn't have a boat there they would of still been completely entertained.


Well here are some highlights from our trip....




Summer was so scared of the water. Well I guess I should say the deep water. As long as she could touch the bottom she had a blast but as soon as you tried to get her to swim in the deep water she would freak out and cling to you like her life depended on it.



It never fails, every year at least one of our kids gets sick while we are at Echo. This year it was Kash. We hadn't even made it to the lake yet and he started puking. All over his carseat. There is nothing worse. At least we were only about 20 minutes away. This continued every night pretty much the whole trip. The only up side is he was up all night so he slept alot during the day and I could relax all day and not have to worry about him eating rocks or falling down the stairs.


One of the our last days there we got a surprise visit from our good friends Tim and Sarra and their kids. We could not have been happier. The kids had a blast playing with them, Steve had a blast snorkeling with Tim, and I had a blast kayaking and visiting with Sarra. Love this picture. All the kids did this the whole way back to the cabin.

Of course we had to go turtle hunting and Scuba Steve was not going to give up until he found a turtle.

Sarra and I after our kayak trip around the island.

Pretty sure these two will get married.



Micah's victory this trip was crossing the wake on the kneeboard.


After some tears were shed and many attempts made, Briggs made it up on the wakeboard. He didn't give up and I was so proud of him for trying so hard.


Haylie loved wakeboarding this year. She loved getting air off the wake until she got a little too much air once and had a major wipeout. Hopefully she forgets about that little incident by next summer and will step in a wakeboard again. She did an awsome job this year.



My little spectators. Love how they are sitting so close together when the whole rest of the bench was empty. Such good little friends.

Here I am attempting to do a 360 on the kneeboard. Steve was trying to get Briggs to do it, so I told him that I would try it first and then he had to. I don't think that he thought I would really do it so he agreed.


Here's Briggs holding up to his end of the deal. He actually did it and thought it was fun.


Skylie water skiing for the first time. Some tears were shed here also but she tried (Steve forced her) and she did it. I love Haylie cheering in the background!



Anyone that knows Steve well knows he likes trying to get (forcing) our kids to try stuff. He made all the kids jump off the tower of the boat. No one wanted to but in the end they all liked it.



4 comments:

bgibb said...

oh man. that looks sooo fun! i'm jealous i wasn't there with you to get the worst sunburn of my life!

i can't believe skylie is waterskiing. she is way too little! and i love the picture of kash and his belly hanging over his swim trunks!

the fellers said...

how fun! I love those pics!

Anonymous said...

oh my heck that looks like you guys had SO much fun! i love the pics of your little (ha little?)family! already getting homesick i think.....and i love that haylie was getting air off the wake! haha! and the one of you doing a 360!

Anonymous said...

oh and that last one was from me, your fav sister. leslie.