Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Conversations....

Skylie and Summer are always into mischief. The other night they were supposed to be going to sleep and of course weren't. I didn't care too much cause at least they were staying in their bedroom and not bugging me while I was reading my book. Anyways they did eventually fall asleep. After doing this......

It really bugged me cause one of my worse jobs is painting dressers. And I've already had to paint this one once. Anyways when I found it I called for them to come up and they knew I was mad.

Me: " Why did you guys color all over your dresser?? Who did it?"

Summer: "Don't be mad mommy. You need to tell us it looks pretty. Don't be mad."

(I guess they did do a good job of outlining every drawer)

Me: "You guys are only aloud to color on paper and coloring books."

Summer: "But mom we were just trying to make it look pretty like Christmas. Don't be mad."

Pretty like Christmas??? Haha. After that I was over it.

6 comments:

bgibb said...

haha i love that they coloured every single drawer!

Anonymous said...

funny. i think your a great mom, just to sit and read while your kids are going wild, instead of sleeping. yep, just a great mom!!
and i think everything should look pretty just like christmas.
shann

melissa said...

i can't get enough of your stories trace. they are all fantastic to me!!

the fellers said...

that is hilarious! Is it marker or crayon? Cause Scoty and Rylee color everything, and I am sure you know this trick, but baking soda gets crayon off, a little bit of that on a rag with water....Pretty like Christmas! oh my gosh, she is the best!

The Harkers said...

Hey,
This is kate (allred) and i have to admit i have ocassionally blog stalked you through melissa but i love reading about your fun stories. I love this, and it just made me think of this sweet paint i think would be so fun. http://www.ideapaint.com/home/ideapaint

(maybe it would just be more work than fun, but who knows! seemed cool to me)

melissa said...

trace, about the eye cream-les told me you got it already-its the wexler. i'm obsessed with it! i had the link in red. i promise i can already tell a difference. and everything i've ever used has done nothing...