Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Growing up......

Haylie has been bugging me forever to get her ears pierced. It's always the same response from me. "Not till your 12." And of course Haylie doesn't like that answer, doesn't understand why, and all her friends have theirs pierced. So about a month ago she came home from school sad cause one of her last friends that didn't have them pierced was going to and it just wasn't fair. Anyways during this same time I was having a problem with Haylie with her eyes. She has one lazy eye that she can't see out of that great. Because of this she is supposed to wear an eye patch over her good eye to strengthen her bad one. Trying to get her to wear this eye patch is not easy. It's obviously annoying to wear, embarrassing, and she can't see good when she wears it so it is a constant battle. So I decided to do a little bribing. I told her if she wears the patch everyday for at least 3 hours, for a month she could get her ears pierced. Worked like a charm. So this last Saturday we went down town and got them pierced. It was a little sad for me cause it made me realize that she is growing up and not a little girl anymore. But I fought back my tears and we got it done. I've never seen her more excited.
Here she is before.....

After...

2 comments:

bgibb said...

oh my heck! i can't believe she got her ears pierced! she's way too young for that! she's supposed to do it without your knowledge in edmonton.

Anonymous said...

did you telll mom yet?... shes not going to like that, she might start crying...
s