Sunday, February 7, 2010

Christmas and New Years

So is it too late to post about Christmas?? Hope not. It's been so long that I'm not really sure what to write. So I'll just sum it all up by saying we ate way too much, laughed a lot, played a lot of T.T.R. and Blokus, played with cousins, made a lot of trips back and forth between mine and Steve's parents, played with new toys, had a b-day party, and did I mention ate a lot??

Here's our standard Christmas Sunday family picture. Well without me and Steve. I was still in my pyjamas.

And here's my very, very worst tradition that the kids love. Gingerbread houses. I think next year I'll try individual ones. Maybe then I won't have one child pouting cause she didn't get her way.

Christmas Eve was at the Hollands. The kids loved all the new coloring stuff Grandma gave them.

Our awesome nativity!!

Christmas morning. My mom always makes all the cousins matching p.j.'s. Turned out so cute.


Here's some pictures from New Years Eve. I have to say it was a really fun night. We normally always hang out with friends and get a babysitter for the kids but this year we did a family thing and the kids loved it. We set the clock ahead a few hours so they really thought they stayed up till midnight. We had some great entertainment. A puppet show from Haylie, Micah, and Kadie...

Here is Briggs and Chases's standard entertainment, a sword fight. The more we ooh and aww, the more intense the fight becomes. It is really funny. Not sure who is winning here...

Everyone ready for the countdown with our awesome hats on.

And of course more food, any excuse to eat!!

Haylie's b-day is on the 30th so we had a little party for her with some friends that were around and then we went swimming at the Ramada with the Hollands. Lots of fun!!


Out at my mom's the kids did a lot of sledding, tubing, and playing outside. Matt and Mike built a really cool snow fort that I should of taken a picture of but didn't. The kids had fun playing in that too.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so sad i missed new year's! it looked so fun

brette

Anonymous said...

tracie i am SO happy you updated! i loved this post!
leslie

Anonymous said...

and holy smokes haylies cake is SO cute!
leslie

Anonymous said...

i love brigges snowboard pic, he looks profesh- you should have taken another 2 seconds later when he wiped out.
loved new years- my fav in a long time
shann

Anonymous said...

oh yea, loved the sword fight too- reallly intense!
shann