Thursday, December 9, 2010

Injured

When I was younger I thought it would be so fun to break something like my arm and especially my leg. I thought it would be so fun to have a cast and have everyone sign it. Thought it would be so cool to be able to use crutches to get around. I thought I'd get lots of attention and would be waited on. I TAKE IT ALL BACK! Unfortunatly I am going on day one of crutches and I want to die. It's even more unfortunate that I don't have a cool story to go with it at all. Here's my lame story.

The other night I was at the gym trying my very hardest to burn off the hundreds (actually thousands) of calories I have consumed in the last while thanks to a cookie exchange I went to. Anyways I was running and jumping rope. When I got home my foot felt like there was a needle or something going threw it and really hurt. Complained a little to Steve and got no symathy, he said he gets that all the time. Anyways woke up the next morning, could hardly walk but I hobled around on it all day. This morning got up and I really couldn't walk. Steve made me go to the hospital. Turns out I have a stress fracture in my foot from working out I guess. I googled it and I guess it is really common with lots of running, jumping, basketball, stuff like that. And Kelly Ripa even has the same injury in her hip so that made me feel a little better.

So no more burning off the Christmas calories for me. Instead I get to hobble around on crutches for the next month or so. It's really not as fun as I thought it would be as a kid. Today I almost fell down the stairs and Summer was a witness. Now she is so nervous that I'm going to fall. She's always telling me to be careful, especially when I'm on the stairs.

Well if anyone has any tips on how to make dinner, vacumm, pick up kids, mop and sweep with crutches I'd love to hear them!

Oh and to answer questions from my blog about the nail polish. Well I told her she looked beautiful, maybe not in my friendliest voice, but I did say it. And how did I get it off the floor? Well I didn't. Haylie suggested I pour nail polish remover all over it, which I will eventually, but I hate how the smell of it lasts for so long.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

luckily i am going to be home for a month so i can wait on you hand and foot! i feel horrible for you!

shannon said...

oh my gosh! that sucks for you, but its good for me. now that you cant exercise, i just might win the contest...

the fellers said...

OH NO.....I am so sorry....at least you have a good excuse as to why you cant exercise over the holidays....I am SURE it would have been more fun when you werent a mom of 6 rugrats, and lived at home....I think it would have been kinda fun to use the excuse to get out of anything and everything when I was a kid! And I am so glad Kelly Rippa has the same thing ;)...haha

Charmaine said...

You will figure it out. I was on crutches for almost 18 months. Blake was 3 months old when I started and he learned to walk before I did. But the bright side is you will have really ripped arms. I felt like I had done 100 push-ups just to get into a building. Good luck!

Andrea said...

I'm SO sorry you have a stress fracture!! I know how that goes, and it sucks. Hope you have a quick recovery!

Candace said...

Not fun, you poor thing. Why do things like this happen to moms when we have noone to help us out when we are sick or injured. Good luck. I did break my ankle when I was younger and it wasn't fun either.