Wednesday, March 30, 2011

You've got to try this

I'm not one to post recipes on my blog, mostly because I don't have that great of recipes I guess. But this is one that everyone needs to have. I used to make it all the time but I think I ate it too often and got sick of it, so I took about a year break from it. Well I made it yesterday and it's just as good as I remember it. Everyone in the family loves it, it's healthy, and easy.



Granola

5-6 cups of oatmeal

1 cup shredded coconut

1 cup raisin (I always use craisins)

1/4 cup sesame seeds

1/4 cup sunflower seeds

1/2 cup flax seeds

(I put pumpkin seeds in mine too)

1 cup sliced almonds (I cut whole almonds into chunks)

2-4 tsp cinnamon

1 cup honey

1/3 cup olive oil


Mix this all together and bake at 325 for 25 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes. When it's done you need to let it sit on the cookie sheet for a while. It's really good just plain or mixed with yogurt.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

tracie i was honestly going to call you and ask you for this recipe the other day! so glad you posted it!