Thursday, September 10, 2009

Better Late Than Never......

So Kash turned one on July 31st and yes I am finally blogging about his b-day. Can't believe he's one already!! I had to laugh at the difference in having your first baby turn one and your 6th baby turn one. With Haylie we had a big party, all of Steve's family and mine were there. It was a stress. With Kash we didn't plan one single thing. I'm thankful his Grandma Holland bought him a present otherwise he would not have gotten one. At about 3:00 that day I decided that I should make him a cake, maybe only cause I was kind of craving cake. Not that we loved Haylie more than Kash, but I guess you just realize that he has no idea what's going on anyways, and that simple is better. Anyways enough rambling.

We did have a fun day. We had hot dogs and chips for dinner and discovered that his favorite thing in the world is watermelon. Really could a kid be any happier......

The aftermath of the cake. I know he's a filthy mess but you just have to put a dirty-cake-face picture on don't you?? And I love how the elastic from his hat is cutting off the circulation in his poor chubby little neck.


The party animals. (Have I ever mentioned that Steve loves his picture taken?)

After dinner we all hopped on our bikes and went for a family bike ride. One of my favorite things to do. We went to the "castle" park which makes for a long bike ride for the little kids, but it was worth it. Kash had fun and so did everyone else.





Here's a few fun things about Kash.....

*He is the happiest baby
*Constantly is getting attention by someone
*He is always sucking his thumb to the point that it is annoying. My other kids were thumb suckers too, but he is by far the worst.
*The second he hears the door open he is there, ready to go outside.
*His favorite place is the garage where dirt bikes, tools, skateboards, and bikes are at his little fingertips.
*He loves following everyone around and loves just sitting and watching the constant chaos going on around him.
*His cheeks are so chubby that you can't help but kiss them all the time.
*When he wakes up he never cries, just hangs out in his crib till someone comes and finds him.
*Started walking at around 11 months.
*Has seven teeth now.
*Loves going for walks in the wagon.
*Always dragging a blanket around with him.
*Loves to eat pretty much anything.
*He never wears shoes.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh that last picture of kash is so cute! i love this post all about him! and that your family goes on bike rides together!
leslie

Brianne said...

He is so stinkin cute Tracie! I have never put shoes on Claire and now that she is walking, she won't have anything to do with them. So bare feet it is all the time. And as for the birthday, we were pretty lame too. So much easier though!!!

Brianne said...

And is that Kitkat icecream I see? I NEED that!!!!

The Eatons said...

that party hat elastic thing picture made me so happy. i better not show charlie that picture... squeezer! he really is the best baby ever.