Monday, September 13, 2010

Echo Lake...

Well since it's been almost 2 months since we were actually at Echo Lake, I don't really remember many of the fun little details. But whatever. I do remember that we had a few slight problems with the boat. Like almost sinking it twice. We eventually figured that one out. I do remember that we had ok weather, a few rainy shopping days which are always fun, and a couple warm days. I do know that Summer got up on the attached skiis for her first time (after a few tears were shed and surprise, surprise Steve making her try), Briggs got up on the wakeboard for the first time (well he got up last year briefly). I do remember Summer and Skylie freaking out when they had a run in with a crayfish. Like always we went turtle hunting and Scuba Steve caught a few for the kids to look at. I do remember that we had fun, like always.

In fact here we are having fun before we even got to the Lake. We were just over an hour away from home and our burb broke down. At least we broke down in front of some little bar in the middle of no where and we were able to eat while we waited for some help. Steve's parents were nice enough to come meet us and switch us vehicles. Luckily our vehicle made it home for them. So here we are waiting for them.

Well here's some pictures from the week. I have a hard time narrowing them down, so there are a few.




I love that Briggs wanted me to go knee boarding with him. I think he felt bad for me when I didn't get up the first time. haha.

Scuba Steve junior. Briggs loves snorkeling.


This was Kash's favorite spot.


One of the kids favorite things is knee boarding.

Wait, I take that back. This was probably their favorite thing. Jumping from one diving board to the next to the tube.




I swear I have a picture of everyone of my kids doing this. Unfortunatly someone showed Kash how to honk the horn.


This was my favorite spot!



When we are at the lake I don't do the girls hair very often, so the first day I did everyone's in braids hoping that they would stay in for a few days.

We love Echo Lake. It's so pretty, peaceful, and relaxing.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

love steves nick name. love how cute your family is! love that briggs was embarressed of you not getting up on your knee bored. love the hammock - it looks so comfy!

bgibb said...

scuba steve. haha

Anonymous said...

im laughing that briggs felt bad for you. love that kash honks the horn.
he should really be wearing his lifejacket on the dock tho...
shann