Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Zoo (calgary part 1)....

One day after swimming lessons me and my Mom loaded up the kids and went to Calgary to meet up with Leslie for a couple days. My kids have never been to the zoo before so that was the first thing on the agenda. We were on a tight time schedule since we didn't get there until the afternoon, but we were able to see most of the things we wanted to see. Here we all are minus Leslie.


I think my favorite animal was the giraffe but the tiger was a close second. It walked right beside the window we were at and it looked so cool that close up. The kids all liked a lot of different animals, but most of them liked the monkeys the best. We sat and watched them forever. They were so entertaining.




The kids could not get enough of this bear.







I wish that Kash could of fit on!




And there were just enough of these little elephants for all my kids, except this random boy was on and didn't want to get off. Oh well.



They loved the gorilla's. I think it was Brigg's favorite.





The kids loved the dinosaur land, once we convinced some of them that they aren't real (skylie and summer). In there defense, I was a little scared when walking by a big one and all the sudden it started moving and making noises out of no where. They loved looking at all the different dinosaurs and pushing the buttons to make them move and make noise. It was really cool.


The funniest part of the day was when we were leaving. We got to the gate to go out and I went to find the parking ticket to swipe so that we could leave and it was no where to be found. My Mom searched her stuff, I searched mine again and it was no where. We sat there having no clue what to do and finally backed up and just sat there trying to find it while everyone else starred at us. Mike and Leslie had already gone threw so Mike ran back to find out what our problem was. After trying a few different things Mike finally drove their vehicle threw again, backed out, ran over and gave us his new ticket, then we were able to use that to get threw. Anyways, it was really funny. Through it all me and my Mom were laughing so hard, and I can only imagine what was going threw Mike's mind. haha. I'm just glad that Mike was there because me and my Mom would probably still be there trying to figure out how to get threw.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

what a fun fun fun day! and yes the dinosaurs were very frightning! and thank goodness for mike rescuing you guys! haha