Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Christmas Eve

Figured this is only a month old and still not too late to blog about. We spent Christmas Eve this year out at my mom's house. I went out a few day's early so my mom could take care of me and the kids with my broken foot. It was fun and such a relief to not have to hobble all over my house by myself trying to take care of my kids.

So for Christmas Eve we had my Uncle John and Aunt Pattie and their family and Grandma and Grandpa over. It was fun for the kids to have other cousins their and fun for us too. So of course we started off with food. My mouth is watering looking at it! I seriously love appetizers.


The kids picnic

Then a surprise visit from Santa!! The kids were so excited. Especially after he threw a massive amount of candy all over the ground then left.

Next we had a little program which consisted of bell playing by the kids (love my mom's finger in the background pointing to who's turn it is), and my Dad with the accordion, some singing, and the nativity.





Cutest little shepherd!!

After the program we opened presents since we weren't going to be around the next day. A lot of crafty presents this year.

My Mom sewed the most adorable princess dresses for Skylie and Summer. They may not look thrilled in the picture but I can promise you they love them. I can't believe what a good job my mom did on them.


She also sewed Briggs a quilt which he loved.

And Brette out of no where sewed the cutest pillows for Haylie and Micah.

For my Grandparents, Leslie organized making a book of memories for them from all the grandkids. It turned out so good and they loved it so much.

And because my Mom didn't spend enough time sewing this year, she continued on in the tradition of making matching pyjama's for everyone. This is the best picture I could get!

5 comments:

the fellers said...

Ok, that picture of Grandma and Grandpa is PRICELESS...I LOVE the look on her face....and those dresses your mom made, amazing!

Leslie said...

i am craving christmas eve food too! i am glad you did this post, even if it is a month late!

Charmaine said...

I totally want one of those pillows. Have Brett send down the chain (your mom, my mom, me) how she sewed them so I can copy. Seriously I am jealous. I want to make one for my girls. How is your foot? Better yet?

bgibb said...

i love the picture of mom's finger in the bell picture! haha.
and that food seriously sounds so good right now! that seafood dip is calling my name!
i love all the crafty presents too. that was fun.

Candace said...

Great sewing jobs, who knew Brette could do such a great job Love the dresses too.