Friday, January 21, 2011

These pictures make me happy

Once a year, every Christmas Eve my Dad busts out the accordion. We always wish we could hear it more often and this year we got our wish!

In Briggs's class they were reading a book and it had a picture of someone playing the accordion so of course he announces that his Grandpa can play. His teacher who is my Aunt Cheryl suggested to Briggs that maybe he come in the class and play for everyone. Now those of you that know my Dad know that this is a little out of his comfort zone. But unfortunately for him he also has a little bit of a soft spot for his grand kids and I don't think he had the heart to tell Briggs no. So off he went to perform for not only Briggs's class, but all the grade two's and the teachers. He even learned a new song for the performance. Briggs could not of been more excited.

So since the accordion was pulled out of the storage room a few weeks before Christmas it got a lot more playing time than usual. There's always laughing, singing, and dancing when it's out. Here are pictures to prove it.

Mom don't be mad at me for putting these pictures on, it just shows what a good, fun Grandma you are!


The kids all have to take their turn trying it out.

6 comments:

the fellers said...

how fun, I love that he couldnt say no to Briggs...reminds me of when I was in Kindergarten i think, and we were doing the letter E and I said my dad was an electrician, SO, they had him come climb a pole with all his gear, and they have had him come back every year since...well I am not sure he has done it the last few years, but he did it for A LONG time, and he was always telling me it was all my fault!

Those are GREAT pictures, those are the ones we treasure forever!

shannon said...

hahah, i love those pics too. dad truely has a talent with that accordian. its a wonder that he dosent play it waaaay more often. hopefully aunt cheryl will have him come back every year!

Charmaine said...

I am unbelievable impressed. I never knew your dad played the accordian. Fun times

Anonymous said...

I am a good grandma and also have a lot of rhythm.

bgibb said...

oh man i love it when dad busts out the accordion! maybe this year he's come out of his shell and he'll start playing it for various venues. maybe the ward talent show. this could be big!

Tanya said...

So fun! Thank goodness for wonderful dads who make the worlds best grandpa's! I love watching my dad interact with the grandkids as well.