Thursday, January 27, 2011

This is starting to get a little old!

Okay, it's official. Skylie is just destined to be a hair dresser. No more getting mad at her when she cuts her hair. It must just be something she really can't control. It is really the only logical explanation.

She cut her hair three or four major times, and I know she is always snipping random pieces of hair off all the time. The other day she said a piece was bugging her so she just cut it off. I told her quite firmly that next time some hair is bugging her to tell me and I'll fix it. Well the very next day I walked into the bathroom and there she was again, cutting the back of her hair. She had gotten some gum stuck in it and took it upon herself, since she knows what she is doing by now, to just cut it out. I'm glad I walked in when I did because she obviously couldn't see where she was cutting and it could of gotten really ugly. I'm just worried at the rate she is going that she's not going to have any hair left.

Really though, what would you do??? It reminds me of Micah when she was little and was always drawing all over everything. It was almost like she couldn't control it, the creative juices were just overflowing. And now I look at her and understand why. She absolutely loves art and drawing. So maybe that is just Skylie's thing-doing hair! I just want her to wait until she is a little older until she starts experimenting!!!


4 comments:

Leslie said...

oh my heck tracie are you kidding me! maybe i should stop telling her her bangs look so cute and i want her to cut mine....

bgibb said...

just let her do it! practice makes perfect! haha

shannon said...

haha- tell her i need a hair cut, and when i come next i'll let her cut mine! is it sad to say that i almost wish that you hadnt walked in, cuz im dying to know what could have been...

the fellers said...

but she is just so dang cute....