Sunday, February 6, 2011

Haylie is 11!

I can't believe that Haylie is 11! Crazy! For her birthday we really didn't do a whole lot. Every year I always try and have a party for her but since it is right in the middle of Christmas holidays no one is ever around. So this year I decided I just couldn't do it. We were out at my parents house on her birthday and I did try and make it fun for her. But it was pretty low key.

For her birthday she got slippers, a shirt and a scentsy warmer.


Luckily Shannon and her family got there that day to add a little excitement to Haylie's day. They conveniently got there just in time for ice cream cake. I love the cake that Steve picked out for her. It is so Haylie.


11 facts about Haylie:
1. She always does her own hair and has for a while now. She loves trying new things with it which takes a while some mornings. Seems like we are always waiting for her to finish her hair.
2. Loves babysitting and has been asked a few times to babysit for others.
3. She loves sitting and talking with me. And always as lots of questions for me. Which I love. I hope that as she gets older that she will still do this.
4. Loves anything with a peace sign.
5. She auditioned for the play Willy Wonka and got in. She could not be happier.
6. She just had her first basketball game and loved it.
7. Has an obsession of buying ear rings. The crazier and weirder, the better.
8. Would eat fries and gravy and chicken fingers every meal if I let her.
9. Loves hanging out with her friends. Every Friday is a friend day.
10. Loves gymnastics and tumbling.
11. Is such a fun, friendly girl.

5 comments:

Becka. said...

Hmmm. Chicken Fingers and fries sounds SUPER familiar. Wonder where she got that from???? ;)

Leslie said...

she seriously is getting so old! i cant believe it. i remember like it was just yesterday her sticking her index finger straight in the air and saying "i got idea".
please let her come visit me so mike and i can go out on a date and have a babysitter.

shannon said...

i think she gets the werid earings from brette.
she is getting so big and old...
sad.

bgibb said...

HAHAH leslie's comment made my day! i remember haylie saying that every time i hear someone say they've got an idea.
i love haylie's earring fashion sense! i was just thinking today that i should give haylie some of my earrings that i don't wear anymore. in fact, i'm going to. a late bday present!

melissa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAYLIE! even though she doesn't know who i am....i think she's one of the cutest girls i know!