Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's Great to be 8!

Now that I finally have my pictures downloaded onto my computer I can blog about this past weekend. On Friday was Micah's 8th birthday. I know I sound like everyone else when I say this, but I can't believe that she is 8! On Friday after school she got to go to her first achievement days stake activity with Haylie. She thought that was pretty fun. Then that night we had a birthday party for her. She invited 8 friends to come to it. I don't know why I torture myself with night party's. Everyone is so incredibly hyper at night! But it's over. They had pizza, decorated pillowcases, played a few games, and played High School Musical karaoke on the wii Here's some pictures from the big party....





Micah loves art and drawing so she loved the art book I gave her. She wanted to look through the whole thing but was going to be late for school.





Micah's friends and all the webkins she got. On a side note I am getting a little sick of all the stuffed animals at my house. My kids LOVE them but everywhere I look there is another one. She got 11 for her b-day!


So on Sunday Micah was able to get baptized. It turned out to be such a perfect day despite all my things I had to do that I put off till the last minute. (And thank you again Brette for saving me!) We had a dinner afterwards at my house and everyone was able to make it. Here's some pictures from that....

Micah in her new dress.



Brette and Leslie a little excited about the potatoes!

My mom gave Micah a new journal.

Anyways that was my crazy weekend. Sorry this was such a long post!!



7 comments:

Brianne said...

I don't understand why she got so many stuffed animals? Did all the little girls plan that?

tracie said...

I don't understand either..It was not a planned thing. Right now the big thing is webkins so that's what everyone got her. Your jealous of all the stuffed animals in my house I know it.

bgibb said...

those were good potatoes!!!

the murdocks said...

Tracie...me and Leslie are sitting here reading your blog catching up and peeing our pants laughing. Me and you are alike in so many ways (from your 25 things) procrastination, good intentions, bad decision making....Love it. This blog makes me miss you so much! Oh and the last post about Briggs....wonderful. I love that kid now.

The Eatons said...

i love how micah is an artist.

J & P Gibb said...

What I wouldn't do for a potato!
Brette you crack me up.

the fellers said...

Tracie, I am so fetching mad...I totally thought I had added you to my blogger list, so that when you update it alerts me, well, guess I didnt, and I just missed a whole freaking month of your cute life! Dang it, but dont worry, I WILL CATCH UP! Michah is so cute, and is that my little crazy cousin Clara in that picture? Yes, if it is her, then I can understand why your party was crazy, she is a ball of fire...I love her!