Sunday, May 2, 2010

Laramie part one.....

It was brought to my attention that I didn't blog once in April. Oops... The weird thing about that is, is that we actually did some fun stuff that would be worth blogging about. It seems like I only blog about random things like diaper rash cream and coloring on dressers and then when we actually do something fun I don't blog about it. Anyways. What I'm saying is I have a lot of catching up to do. So this is my most recent adventure. My Mom and Brette have been planning for months to go and visit Leslie in Laramie, Wyoming. I wasn't going to go because it's so much work trying to make arrangements for my kids and all that, but then at the last minute decided that I didn't want to miss out on the fun and went. My Dad didn't want to miss out either and ended up coming at the last minute too, then drove a truck home he bought in Utah.

So here are a few highlights from the trip.....

-on our way we saw a sign that said something about the battle of little big horn and colonel custer. This really peaked my Dads interest and we ended up pulling over at the museum, which ended up being the wrong place. Anyways we found the right place but it was closed. It was fun being in no hurry and stopping along the way. We also stopped at a lookout point in Billings, which is actually a really cool looking city.

-finally getting to see the wonderful city of Laramie! (Les you weren't exaggerating haha)

-All the pranks that my Dad pulled on us involving a couple prank phone calls that I fell for both times and the first morning he got up early and threw a bunch of rocks at our window. Brette and I had no idea what the noise was until he confessed at breakfast. We looked later and sure enough there were a bunch of rocks on our balcony. Oh and I can't forget the pizza box.

-All the good laughs we had about the gst, the pizza box, what our personalized license plate would say, delicious looking butter, getting lost, and absolutely nothing!

-Lots of shopping!!!!!

-Going to Martins Cove and Independence Rock. More about that later.

-Hanging out in hotel rooms watching TLC.

-playing games at Leslies house.

-All the amazing meals that Leslie made for us.

There was seriously so much antelope along the way. Here's a little fact, they say that there are more antelope than people in Wyoming, and I believe it. I loved taking this picture cause it reminded me of what I think of tourists that go to Waterton and take pictures of deer. But I just had to take it, and we were all a little excited too.

My Dad was getting mad cause we all had camera's and were not taking near enough pictures of all the scenery. He finally took my camera and got the job done himself. This rock wall was cool looking. We were driving on a path in the rhino and were surrounded by this huge wall of rock forever. The pictures don't do it justice.

And here is Devil's Gate. I thought this was so cool. I love seeing things that you hear about so much. Love having the visual. I would of loved to walk over to it but it's probably a good thing we didn't cause there was a huge storm brewing.

A lot of the scenery on the drive was really boring. But we some of it was really cool. We couldn't get over how much we felt like we were in a western movie or something from this rock.

Well I'll do another post later about the trip. Stay tuned......

5 comments:

bgibb said...

Dang I Really should have blogged first. All my pics are the same. Haha.
And I had forgotten about the personalized license plates! Haha
and I nvever did hear what dad said about the pizza box at home...

melissa said...

i loved hearing all the details!! loved this blog post, and i love even more that it's only part 1. i'm so jealous of your trip!! it sounded like a blast!!

you guys were so close..yet so far away.

Leslie said...

i really enjoyed the antelope fact. you learn something new every day! and i am so glad you came down! i sure had a blast. even though i wasnt in on the personalized license joke...

Anonymous said...

I'm still laughing.
MOM

Anonymous said...

les, i missed it all.
but it still sounds like a fun trip.
next i want a blog about edmonton trac. i have some pics for you.
shann