Monday, May 3, 2010

Laramie part two.....

On our way to Denver we took a little detour threw this cool canyon. It was so pretty and worth the drive, well except for me getting a little car sick-but that really doesn't take much. It reminded me a lot of Logans Pass except you don't have a huge cliff on one side that your worried about going over.


We all loved it except Jake. This is him hating his life. But he's still cute.




Brette making the moves on her new man. haha.


Anyways it was really pretty. Took a bunch of pictures but they don't really do it justice.

These pictures are kind of out of order but whatever. The first day we were there was one of my favorites. We went to Martins Cove and Independence Rock. So we were on our way to Martins Cove and in the distance we saw this huge rock in the middle of no where. We thought it looked so cool and as we got closer we realized that it was Independence Rock. I don't know what I thought it would look like, but it definitely was not like this. It was humongous! When we got there, there was a sign saying feel free to climb it so we did.

It was so big and we took the most awkward way possible to get up. I don't know if you can tell from the picture but it was almost straight up. This was taken from maybe half way up.


At the top there was tons of people that had carved there name in the rock. This one was from 1858! I wish we would of had longer to look around up there but there was a terrible storm coming in and we barely made it down before it hit full force. We were drenched by the time we made it back to the car.

Here we are on the top!!

So here's some picture's from Martin's Cove. I love reading about the pioneers and have read a couple books on the Willie and Martin handcart companies. It was so cool being here and seeing where things took place and feeling the strong spirit that was here. This is the sweetwater river. It was the most windy river I have ever seen. Any idea how many time's the pioneers had to cross this??

This is one of the four statues that represented the valley boys that came and carried many of the people across the river.

Here we all are squished into the rhino that took us on our tour of Martins Cove.


We loved our tour guide. He definitely knew his stuff and loved telling us all the stories he knew.


This is the actual cove that the pioneers stayed in to protect them from the weather while they waited for help. (once again, the picture really doesn't do it justice) It was a windy day when we were there and when we got down into this spot we really were protected by the wind. You are surrounded by a huge rock wall on one side and a huge hill on the other. It was such a neat experience going and seeing this and I'm so glad that we did it.

Just a cute picture of my Dad and Jake. Jake is such a cute little thing and it was so fun not having my kids hanging off me so that I could actually sit and hold and enjoy him.

We were gone for a week and for some reason I only took pictures the first 3 days and after that I didn't take a single one. So that's about it for pictures. We did a lot of shopping which was really fun. We stayed over just outside of Denver one night and did some major shopping at some amazing outlets there. Other than that we mostly just hung out and had fun. It was a great trip but I don't know if Steve wants me to go again for that long anytime soon. I think he definitely got a taste of what it's like to be the mom!! He did a great job though and had everything under control when I got home. House clean and even the laundry caught up.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

wow steve even had the laundry caught up? impressive! and i am glad you put the picture of brettes hottie up! i am so glad you posted part 2 already! come again soon!