Friday, March 20, 2009

Birthday girl...

So I don't normaly do posts about myself, and I certainly don't like putting up pictures of myself either, but I'd like to hope that one day my kids will be somewhat interested in me and what I looked like at the "young" age of 32! So here are some highlights of my 32nd birthday!

To start with, not one kid woke up during the night which hasn't happened forever! My sweet little mellow Kash has developed quite an obnoxious cry that wakes Skylie and Summer up every night. It usually takes everyone a while to fall back asleep, Summer always ends up coming into our room, Skylie will wander and turn on every light in the house and go watch t.v. or play barbies. I know I'm completly off topic here so to make a long story short, I had a good nights rest.

And the next highlight was Steve let me sleep in. He got all the kids breakfast, made lunches for the kids, attempted to do hair, signed planners for school and then drove kids to school.

The kids all made me really cute cards and pictures. Haylie made me a list of 32 reasons why she loves me. Here are some of my favorites..
1.You take good care of me.
2.You let me stay up late on Fridays.
3. You laugh at our jokes even if they aren't funny.
4. You do my hair nice.
And then towards the end you could tell she was getting desperate and she wrote, You are never annoying.

And Micah made me the cutest card with a pop up flower and a poem that said," You are a tall beuttyful flower, and we're your little seed." How sweet is that????

Then I got to go to lunch with my Grandma which was fun. She is such a neat lady that I really admire and love. I am so lucky to get to have gotten to grow up next door to her and now to live in the same town as her.

All day long everyone got along with each other. My house was clean cause I slaved away on it the day before. I got everyone bathed and dressed and hair done first thing in the morning. And no one even changed their outfit until 4:00 which was a record.

Steve came home with a blizzard dairy queen cake which was amazing!!

I got to talk to lot's of friends and family. And Sarra even made a list of 32 reason's why she thinks I'm cool.

And to my surprise, I woke up with no new wrinkles, no new grey hairs, and I didn't feel older or look older. Thank goodness!!

Here I am with just 4 of my kids. Kash is being ignored in his highchair and Summer didn't have a nap so she went to bed at 6:00. (Just another highlight of my day.)

4 comments:

bgibb said...

yea! happy birthday to you. it sounds like you had a good one! i agree with haylie, you're not annoying! hahah and i love micah's card! so cute. and sarra's 32 things were awesome.

the fellers said...

oh you are so cute, and all those cute little things that kids and steve did for you, what a great day!

shannon said...

are you sure that you looked behind your ears?? thats where my new greys like to hide...
happy b-day

the murdocks said...

What?! Happy birthday Tracie! You look better than ever, of course. I'm quite sure you age backwards.