Sunday, March 15, 2009

Stairs and Conversations...

So this is Kash's favorite place lately. The stairs. I hate putting up a gate cause it such a pain, so I don't. He hasn't fallen all the way down yet. Just a few stairs a couple of times. Obviously not enough to scare him though cause he just keeps going back. If he only knew that just within a few feet of him was the biggest jackpot of cheerios scattered throughout the kitchen. That would surely distract him from those boring stairs. He is sure getting around now. At least we have worry wort Briggs constantly on guard of the stairs.

I am loving the things that come out of Skylie's mouth lately. I just think 3 is a really cute age. Just humor me here cause I know it's always cuter and funnier when it is your own kid and you know their personalities better, but here are some funny conversations lately.

Tonight when I was putting her to bed she said,"I know a really tricky trick, how about I sleep in Summer's bed?" (tricky alright)

And then yesterday Steve was making chocolate syrup for the kids waffles and she said, "Mom I don't want that on my waffle. That is poisonous for little girls." Don't know many kids that wouldn't want chocolate syrup but whatever.

And my favorite thing about her is when she talks in her "princess voice". It's whenever she is playing house or barbies and it is so funny. The other night I was putting everyone in bed and she was off in her own little world talking in her princess voice, pretending she was the mom. Anyways I told her it was time to go to bed and she looks at me like I had just said the most ridiculous thing ever and here's our conversation...

Skylie: But I'm the mom. Mom's don't go to bed.

Me: Oh, well what do they do?

Skylie: They just stay up all night.

Me: Oh and what do they do all night?

Skylie: Um, watch bad movies.

Umm don't know where that came from. I did have a good laugh over that. Keep in mind that I could be watching conference and Skylie would think it was a bad movie cause it's not a cartoon.


Anyways we just love this girl. She has such a fun personality and there is never a dull moment when she is around.

6 comments:

bgibb said...

i love that briggs is the worry wort! that's so cute!! and i can't believe the things that come out of skylie's mouth! so cute.

J & P Gibb said...

Your kids are so cute and fun. Enjoy them. Embrace those gray hairs, you earned everyone.
Aunt Patty

melissa said...

Oh my heck, HAHAHAHAHA!!! Tracie, i promise i want to know your kids more, i hate so bad that i only get to see them once a year! Thank goodness for blogging! I loved that post so much, and your family is so fetching cute!

Tanya said...

I love the little princess voices. I have a child that does the same thing, however my child's a boy,"Jackson".
My kids think that we watch bad movies at night as well. I guess that Greys Anatomy can be bad sometimes.
I've loved reading through your blog. Aren't they a fun way to keep in touch? We now need to get Shannon converted.

the fellers said...

I love this post...chocolate syrup is poisonous...I just peed my pants! I love your kids!

The Eatons said...

oh skylie-lylie. You have to wait for Charlie to get home from his mission.