Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A random update..

So I told myself if I was going to start a blog that I had to keep it updated at least once a week. Well it's been exactly a week now so here it goes. Just some random things that we have been up to in no particular order.



So lately I have really been wanting to get going on my food storage. I do have some food, but it would mostly consist of eating flour cakes with peanut butter and honey, and rice and tomato soup on the side. So I decided to head into the city and stock up on some stuff that was on sale. Here's the loot....


And yes this was almost a week ago and it is still sitting in my living room in my basement. It has given hours of entertainment for my kids though. There has been many towers built and lots of climbing in the last few days. My problem is that my storage room is so unorganized I just don't know where to put all this stuff. So my wonderful mom is coming in tomorrow to help me and she informed me we are going to be working very hard. I'll have to post some before and after picture's cause it's going to be drastic.




Don't let this cute little innocent face fool you. He has been up to no good.





He has been learning all sorts of new tricks......





Like crawling!!! You probably think that I am excited by this. It is actually the exact opposite. Not because I now need to worry about keeping all the little polly stuff out of reach, or keeping my floors vacuumed all the time cause he always seems to find all the little crumbs and papers and everything else on the floor. Nope that has nothing to do with it. It honestly just breaks my heart that he is growing up. He needs to stay a baby forever and crawling is just one of the first steps he is taking to not be a baby forever. With all my babies I have just always known that we would have another one and I would get to experience all the fun things that come with having a baby again, but now that I know he is our last baby I am just a little stressed that I will never have it again. I don't know if that makes sense. I can't really express exactly what I am feeling but I just know I don't like it. Anyone that knows me knows that I don't like change and I guess that I just like the phase of life that I am in right now and I don't want it to change. If someone could just figure out a way to freeze time that would be great. Thanks.

And speaking of getting organized guess what I did today..

I know it seems a little ambitious, especially considering I will be organizing all day tomorrow, but I organized my pantry. I can actually close the door now, and I no longer have to step on spilt puff wheat or dig threw pure chaos to find things. It literally took me all day. In between making and burning homemade granola, changing diapers, rescuing Summer who was literally stuck in the mud, then bathing Skylie and Summer again cause they were all muddy, running a couple errands, and feeding kids I got it done. And I am pretty proud of myself. My favorite thing in the pantry is the lone box of macaroni on the bottom. Looks like I need to stock up.

Well there is the update. That's all for now!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracie I am so happy you updated your blog! I look every day to see if you have put up a new post! And oh My heck kash is adorable! I really didn't know if I should burst out laughing or start crying at those pictures! He is getting so huge! Good luck tomorrow!

the murdocks said...

I am stressed out just reading about your life tracie. You are awesome. I don't know how you do it all! One errand in one day is all I can handle :)

I don't ever want to feel that feeling of being done. I keep thinking...oh I'll have the next one...just like you. But one day it will end! Maybe I'll have lots too..just so I don't have to feel that!

The Eatons said...

could you please make sure that there's no balloons for Kash to choke on. i am dead serious about this...

Tanya said...

look at you... awesome!

the fellers said...

I promise I laughed out loud when I read that Summer was literally stuck in the mud! Your pantry looks great!