Friday, March 6, 2009

Never a Dull Moment.....

So here you have it. My before and afters of my storage room. My mom was not kidding when she said we would be working really hard! So here's the before, and I actually had done some rearranging before this pic....

And the after taken from the same view...

And another one for fun....

I honestly feel like the biggest burden has been lifted off my shoulders now that this is done. THANK YOU MOM!!!! I honestly could not have done it without her. Now I just need to get those shelves filled!!!

So in the middle of all our organizing I had to bring poor Haylie to the hospital....

Yup a broken arm! On Tuesday she feel off the bars at gymnastics. She was going from the high bar to the next one and her hand slipped and she landed on her arm. So I went and picked her up. I hate not knowing if you should bring them in to the hospital or not. Steve and I decided just to wait a bit and see how she was feeling later. We could tell it really hurt but didn't think it was broke. Then Steve happened to be talking to his friend who is a Dr. and casually mentioned it, he came over and took a look and figured it was probably just a sprain and to put a tensor on it. So here's our conversation the next morning. It really shows our amazing parenting skills...

Haylie: Dad are you going to tensor my arm??

Steve: No, it'll be fine Haylie

Haylie: I really think I need one. The Dr. even said.

Steve: Haylie the best thing you could do right now is stretch it out, get it moving. You don't want it to get all stiff in the tensor.

Haylie: But it really hurts when I move it...

Steve: Don't worry the more you move it around the faster it will get better.

Haylie: Ummm okay.

(And everything Steve is saying I am in full agreeance)

So off she goes to school. Calls me a few times from school to say it hurts but doesn't want to come home.

So Steve casually mentions to his friend that her arm is still bugging her. He says we better get it x-rayed just in case. So off she goes to the x-ray and sure enough, it's broke. The poor girl!! We felt so bad. She was a little disappointed not to get a hard cast cause she wanted all her friends to be able to sign in. But the one she got she can take off after a week for baths which will be really nice. She has to have it on for 4 weeks. So that means no more basketball and she can't finish her gymnastics. Oh well. It's the end of the season for both.

Well amidst all more organizing my house has COMPLETELY gotten out of control. When my house gets this bad I honestly just give up. I should be cleaning now but nope, I have spent a good hour already on the computer. I need some motivation desperately.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

first of all! your storage room looks AMAZING!! what did you do with all your crap in there??

and second, poor Haylie!!!

melissa said...

Tracy, me and stace were saying yesterday how we literally crave for your posts! We are obsessed with your family! The storage room looks incredible!!!! Way to go, i'm sure Aunt Connie wanted it done more than anyone, because she's usually the only one who cares if i shower. Thats so sad about Haylie, but i couldn't have been more pleased how it went about, i can guarantee thats how i'll be as a parent, only because the dr.'s office was always the last resort in our home! also, i'm so happy about your breakfast!! i can promise you you will start losing weight, not that you need to, if you starting eating a bigger and healthier breakfast:) WAY TO GO!!

mishel said...

Your storage room looks AWESOME! Thank heaven's for Mom's! Poor Hailey, but I would probably do the same thing ha,ha!

the fellers said...

oh...poor haylie...I hope she is ok...and I LOVE your storage room...I wish I had one!