Monday, June 14, 2010

Finally five.....

So for the past month Skylie has asked everyday if it's her birthday and if she is five yet. Well that day finally came a couple weeks ago. Then for a whole week following her birthday she asked me everyday if she was still five. She had a fun birthday. Here she is opening her presents that morning. Every time we go to extra foods she is sure to tell me what she wanted for her b-day. Out of the twenty things on her list I hoped that I chose her favorites.
























So later on that day we headed into Lethbridge to go swimming at the Ramada with the Eatons. It was probably one of the worst swimming experiences, for me anyways. The kiddy pool was closed, the water was freezing cold and so was the air which is usually muggy and warm, which made the disgusting, dirty hot tub chuck full of people. It was so gross that at one point they had to kick everyone out to disinfect it. And yes I was desperate enough to warm up that I went in the hot tub. Anyways, the important thing is the kids didn't seem to mind or notice and had a blast. The highlight of Skylies day which she still talks about is when her, Charlie, Janey, and Haylie were all on the double tube and ended up flipping over in the water slide.

After swimming we headed over to the Dairy Queen and got ice cream cake which is another thing Skylie has been asking for for over a month. Don't you love her butterfly clip that the Eaton's gave her?? So cute.








































The kids were in such crazy moods. Charlie kept putting ice cream on his face and Summer's hysterical laughter only egged him on I'm sure. These kids have so much fun together and ask almost every day if they can play with them.

















Here's the whole crew!














I can't have a birthday post and not write a few little facts about the birthday girl, so here it goes....

1. She has a really fun, crazy personality which we all love.

2. Her favorite food (today anyways) is ichiban, macaroni, and cheese and crackers.

3. Her favorite color is orange, yellow, blue, purple, and pink. She has decided she likes boy colors now. Even though they aren't beautiful.

4. She loves dressing up and putting on makeup.

5. Loves playing polly's and barbies.

6. She loves shoving apple cores behind the tv. One time I found 8 of them and I'm very confident they were all from her.

7. She loves a good party at 3:00 am. She just gets up, turns on a movie and gets herself a snack. And usually brings Summer along with her. It's a little annoying.

8. She says the funniest things (funny to me anyways). Here's a few of her latest quotes....

"My nose really hurts. I need to smell my blanket."

"Whenever I hold my ears like this I get so frustrated cause the dogs make me hear them."

We were sitting at the table and she kept sniffing so I asked her if I should get some kleenex to wipe her nose and she said, "No, I'll just smell if away."

9. She is really excited to go to kindergarten in the fall.

10. She finally learned the other day to ride a two wheeler. We really should of tried earlier but she isn't a huge fan of riding her bike. She rode up the street on her first try.

Happy 5th B-day Skylie!!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

i am glad that skylie has found the cure for a hurting nose - haha that is the funniest thing ever! she has got to be the five year old with the most personality ever! how can you not love that girl!

bgibb said...

love this post! the picture with all the kids around while skylie is opening her presents, well i just assumed that was all her friends because there were so many of them there. then i realized it was just her siblings... haha. i love that she shoves apple cores behind the tv! that is so random!

Anonymous said...

ahppy b=day.
shann