Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Weekend in Waterton....

This past weekend we took the trailer up to Waterton and went camping. We were going to leave Thursday but got rained out. Friday wasn't looking too promising but I decided to stop being a scrooge and just go. Cold weather and all. (have I ever mentioned how much I hate being cold??) Anyways I'm glad we went because it ended up being beautiful there.

This is my idea of camping right here. Relaxed on a chair, enjoying the sun and reading a book. Unfortunately Micah is the only one that got time to read.


Well it's pretty easy to sum up what we did. Rode bikes, threw rocks, rode bikes some more, climbed bears hump, rode bikes, and got ice cream. Oh and did I mention ride bikes???


There was this hill that Briggs was obsessed with going on. It had a little jump going down and then another one coming back up it. He was constantly begging someone to go with him. I even went once and showed him my amazing biking skills. I asked him if he saw the air I got and he said, mom that was just a wheelie. Then I ended up falling down the hill and I think he was a little embarrassed for me. I think he preferred Steve going with him after that!



The kids all wanted to climb bears hump. Usually one of us would go with the older kids and the other would stay back, but we couldn't decide who got to stay, so we decided to just go with everyone and see how the little kids did. They all made it and did really good.


They found this stream to cool off in and loved playing in it. On the way down Steve was showing the girls how it was fun to jump down the stairs. Kash saw him and decided that he wanted to do it too. Well this was taking forever for him to do so I decided to carry him, and that did not go over well, that is why he is so sad in this picture. So after a while I put him back down so he could jump too. Anyways it took a while for me and Kash to get down since he insisted on doing it all on his own but we finally made it.

Don't you love Summer's "hiking boots"? Her and Skylie both insisted on wearing their gum boots.


We all made it!!!


The kids love the new park in Waterton. We had it all to ourselves on Friday.

I love the crew of bikers! Biking was my favorite part of Waterton. I love it and am always up for a bike ride.
We could spend forever throwing rocks. That is so entertaining for kids for some reason.


My favorite part about camping is that I don't have to cook. Steve does all of it and I love it!!!

It was a great weekend. Steve is already planning where we are going to go next. I have a feeling next time it will involve dirtbikes.

4 comments:

melissa said...

trace i loved this post!! all the pictures were fantastic!

and i started laughing when you said "kids like to throw rocks for some reason" and i thought about the first when all of the cousins and some aunts and uncles were throwing rocks at waterson for about 3 hours straight....

Leslie said...

oh it looks like you guys had so much fun! kash sitting on top the edge of bears hump with all the kids made me nervous! i am sad you fell down the hill on your bike. that doesnt make me feel good about the triathlon...

Randee said...

Looks like you had so much fun. Don't worry all the kids love that jump as well. We always have to keep a look out for the there.

bgibb said...

that is so fun! i love that briggs was embarrassed for you! haha. i love skylie and summer's "hiking" boots!
and i love the picture of kash getting some air jumping off the stairs!