Friday, June 25, 2010

Our new pet....

Someone please tell me how in the world it is possible that I found this in my house yesterday....


In case your confused, yes this is a DEAD SALAMANDER!!! In my house! Last night Micah told me she found something weird in her room and to come look at it. I never expected this. The thing that really creeps me out is that if there is a dead salamander, that means that at one point there was a live salamander. And is there more lurking around??

We googled salamander's last night to find out a little bit about them and how they would get into a persons house. I highly doubt it came in threw the door and down the stairs. Anyways, turns out they can squeeze threw very small cracks. If there is cracks somewhere I would of thought we would of gotten water in our basement though which we didn't. We also found out it eats insects which it would of had a year's supply of in our basement since Skylie feeds the ants so well. They are everywhere. Luckily it also needs water which is why I'm assuming it died.

Has this ever happened to anyone else and how did it get into your house???? I will not stop thinking about it until I find out how it got in. I will also check every shoe I put on because I also read that is where they like to hide.

5 comments:

The Eatons said...

I love how you used the word "Lurking". Do you still have it? Because you should bring it over and we could dissect it with the kids. I totally serious. We dissected a clam this morning and it was thrilling.

The Eatons said...

k maybe not thrilling, but it was pretty suspenseful as we cracked it open.

the fellers said...

wow, I would be freaking too until I figured it out! Maybe it was because of all the water, i promise not in any of the years did I live in Cardston did I EVER see one....update on what you figure out, ok??

Anonymous said...

tracie i lived at uncle deveers house which had an abundance of salamanders among other things. they are harmless! but it is bazzar that it was in your house...and kinda creepy. if a salamander can get in then mice are sure to find a way in...maybe you need a cat?
leslie

Anonymous said...

Ahh..that just gives me the creeps thinking of it in my house! We once had one in our garage( growing up), I put on my dads gum boot and to my surprise was something so sick..a salamander! I feel for your pain!!

-hil