Friday, June 4, 2010

May long at the Farm.....

Anyone that has read Brette or Leslie's blog about our May long weekend might want to stop reading now because you'll see the same pictures and read the same stories as theirs. I was going to try and beat them to it but between having some computer problems and an extremely long book that I'm a little addicted to reading right now, it just didn't happen. So for the long weekend we were going to bring our trailer to Waterton, but after looking at the forecast I decided that I didn't want to be trapped in a trailer all weekend with my kids with gross weather. So I decided that we'd haul it out to my parents instead. I turned out to be a really fun weekend.

These pictures are all in reverse but I did not feel like switching them all around. Here's a random of Leslie and her butterfly clips that she holds very dear to her heart. She got a little jealous when she saw that they looked cuter in Skylies hair and demanded she take them out.

Thought this was cute of my Mom with Summer and Marlie out on our nature walk to the waterfall.

Here's almost all the cousins. Cute little Jake is the only one missing. They all got along so good this weekend. It's fun that they all have someone their age to play with. Kash can't wait until Nixon and Jake get just a little bigger.

While I was busy stuffing my face with Jennies delicious peanut butter marshmellow squares Kash decided to take off up the hill that everyone else was climbing.

It was actually really steep here and I'm surprised he made it so far on his own.



Here we are on the top. Kash is in the "I'll do it by myself stage" and actually made it to the top pretty much on his own. Then wanted to slide down by himself like all the other kids were doing.

I swear Summer asks me everyday if she can play at Marlie's house so it was a dream come true to get to play with her for three days straight.

Shannon loves encouraging my children to wear "pretty" things in their hair for church. I had her hair done cute with a little headband braid for church only to find out in sacrament meeting that Shannon told Summer she could wear this cute pink headband to church. Oh well. She thought she was the prettiest thing alive with in on.

This is my Dad's new toy. He came into the house and interrupted our game to tell us to come out and see Haylie, Micah, and Kadie. Well we found them way up in this bucket. Then he told everyone that no one else could have a turn until I went up. I was a good sport and did it and it was actually really cool. I had Skylie go up with me and she ducked down pretty much the whole time.


One highlight of the weekend was the good old Pioneer Parlor. It was the opening weekend so we of course had to go get some ice cream.

Here's our whole crew. They were probably glad to see us go!

Summer is really into drawing and painting lately. Proudly displaying one of her many drawings.

I wish I had a video for these next few pictures. You have never seen anything more awkward as us trying to push the ladder together, then pull it apart, then figure out how it worked, figure out where to put the ladder on the tree so poor Haylie wouldn't fall and then trying to get the ladder there.

This was probably the most awkward thing, my Mom trying to figure out how to tie the rope for the tire swing. She finally took the shoelace right out of her shoe to practice on and Leslie tried to copy everything she was doing with the rope. It was really funny.

But despite all the troubles it was a huge success.


I really take too many pictures of this little guy. But how could I resist??


When we were younger we always played in the trees behind the house. We were always making forts and whatever else. This weekend the kids played in them tons. They made forts, found a ghost, and even tried carving their names in the trees like we used to do. It was all fun and games until Chase fell out of a tree and ended up having to get 7 stitches.

Kash was obsessed with two things this weekend, the quad and my Dad's brand new hat with the price tag on it still. He definitely wore it in for him.


Brette being the good aunt that she is took pity on the poor guy and actually gave him a ride.


Chase and Briggs with the cool swords my Dad made for them.

This is the closest Skylie could come to getting a kitten for her birthday like she wanted.

That was long!! Anyways, fun weekend, lots of food, laughs, and games like always!

2 comments:

bgibb said...

there are so many things i love about this post. but my fav might be mom and all those kids at the ice cream store!

Anonymous said...

oh my heck tracie i am so glad i didnt stop reading when i read your disclaimer...i loved this post! especially brette in thepicture at the pioneer parlour!and the boys with their swords! and kash with grandpas new hat! i loved it!
leslie