Friday, June 25, 2010

I feel free....

The spring is such a crazy time of year. I'm happy to say that it is over and we made it through!

As of today, no more getting up early for school, no more making lunches, and no more signing planners!!!

This last month has been full of...

Coach pitch which I didn't get a picture of cause the last two games were rained out. Briggs had a fun time playing, when it wasn't raining.

Haylie and Briggs both had their track and field meet. Micah's was of course rained out. Or was it snowed out? They had a fun day. Didn't get a picture of that either but here's Haylie's ribbons she won. They didn't give out ribbons for Briggs's class.



We also went to divisionals for Haylie. She wasn't feeling so great that day but still had a fun time. She loved getting to hang out with her friend Livi that she doesn't get to see too often.

We had the kids marathon a couple days ago. It was a gorgeous day for it. Me and the younger kids hung out at the finish line to watch the kids go threw, then we had a picnic lunch at the remington after.





We had Haylie and Micah's piano recital the end of May. They are both so lucky to have such a talented Grandma that is willing to teach them piano. They both were able to get their songs memorized and learned in time. I was a little nervous for them but they pulled it off and sounded great. Trudy doesn't teach very many students anymore so we had the recital here this year. I think that's why I didn't get any pictures of this, I was too stressed about getting my house clean.
Last week was Haylie's voice recital. It was very long, but good. This is one thing I'm glad to have over for the year. Her lessons were every Monday evening which didn't work out great for FHE. I always had to be really on the ball and get it done early.


This weekend is my softball tournament and once that is over I will feel like a free woman!!!
The other day Haylie was playing at a friends house and had a little tumble which resulted in four stitches. The knee is a really awkward place to get stitches Haylie is finding out. She can't walk great, swim great, and definitely not run great (found that out at the kids marathon).


Love the summer and the no schedule. That is until swim lessons start. And basketball camp.
Lame update, I know.

2 comments:

bgibb said...

Oh! Tell Haylie I can empathize with her about the stitches in her knee!!

Anonymous said...

oh deer - what is with our family and knee injuries! ouch! and tracie i really felt overwhelmd just reading about how busy your spring was! i am gald it is almost over too!
leslie