Thursday, June 25, 2009

Cardston Kids Marathon....

This year at the elementary school they had a Kids Marathon. Everyone that signed up for it was given a step counter or a "blue thing" as my kids called it. You were "supposed" to keep track how many steps they took to figure out how many miles they walked or ran. The goal was to get to 24 miles before the race day. It was a little hard keeping track of all 3 of them, and after seeing how many steps they took the first few days I knew that they would probably double what they needed. It was such a fun event. They gathered at the school before hand to warm up, and then they all left at different times in their classes to run their last mile.

Here's Micah at the start of the race. It was so funny watching everyone run as fast as they could at the start.

Here's Summer doing a few tricks while we were waiting for the kids.

Haylie coming in to the finish line at the Remington.

Kash just being cute in the stroller.


Briggs coming in. As soon as he saw me and my mom watching he ran as hard as he could. It was so cute. After the race he was so tired and he told me he would never do that again.

Here's the three of them with their medals. They were so proud to get them. I was so proud of them all for running and I loved watching them come in at the end.

2 comments:

Candace said...

That is such a cute idea! I've been running and I know that is a long ways especially for kids. Although they have a lot more energy than we do. Cute pictures!

bgibb said...

hahah love brigg's comment!