Sunday, June 7, 2009

Fund Raiser.....

So the other day Haylie had her friend Kelly over. They decided it would be fun to have a stand and sell things. I usually cringe at this idea cause it ends up being a lot of work (for me) but I decided to be a good sport and let them do it. So they decided to make cookies and of course chose the messiest kind of all, sugar cookies. There was no convincing them otherwise and they promised they would do it all and clean it all up. (ya right) So as they were making the cookies they decided to give all the money that they would make to one of there other friends so that she could buy a dog. Well they got the cookies made, decided not to ice them cause not everyone likes icing (less mess for me), and then decided to pop some popcorn and sell that too. They made signs, packed everything and a picnic table up the street cause our street wasn't busy enough and off they went. In my mind I was feeling bad for them cause they had such high hopes and I didn't think they would make any money. But sure enough, they sold all the cookies but two and all the popcorn and came home with $8. They were proud as can be!!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

This makes me laugh so hard!!! McKenzie did the same think about three weeks ago. Our subdivision was having a yard sale so Kenzie and her friend wanted to "sell" things. We popped some popcorn, and baked some cookies for her to sell. Off she went up, and down the street selling her items. She came back to the house with only one bag of popcorn left. I popped her some more. Shortly after she came home, and said that she was tired, ( it had only been abut 5 min). Oh know i said, I popped that popcorn, and your always asking me ways to earn money, I sent her back out. (remember now,I am Jim"s daughter, and didn't want to wast the popcorn).
She came home making $23.50 each!! That's crazy!
Our little girls would have so much fun together. I think it would be great if we lived closer. The like to do a lot of the same things, and they are so close in age. I think they'd make great friends!

bgibb said...

i love that they sold popcorn! i remmeber doing that at our house. don't remember why, but we put on a play or something dumb and made people buy popcorn while they watched. back then, i really thought the adults loved it. now, i realize they were just humoring us. fun times...