Friday, June 12, 2009

Love/Hate.....

This is the relationship I have with running. Right now I want to start with the hate cause I feel like it overpowers the love. The last few times I've gone running I honestly can't stand it. I have been getting shin splints really bad, my knee always hurts, and my hip has really been bugging me. I know I'm getting old but I'm not that old yet. My body feels like is in it's 70's. It's really frustrating. I feel like endurance wise I could keep running but it just hurts really bad so I can't.

But I do love the feeling after I'm done running. (After the pain is gone) And I do love that there is nobody bugging me, or asking me questions, or talking to me. I love being by myself for at least 30 minutes at one time. Sometimes longer if I'm really ambitious. And I love listening to whatever I want on my ipod and not High School Musical or Hannah Montana. Okay maybe I do love it more than I hate it.

Tomorrow is the run that I decided to sign up in for some reason. I hope that it is one of those I love running days and not I hate every second of this days. I went downtown today and bought some insoles to go in my shoes. Hopefully that helps a bit. Maybe I'll just pull a Steve and pop some Tylenol before I go. Either way tomorrow it will be over and I will not have to think about it anymore. Yay!!

6 comments:

bgibb said...

you'll do awesome! i'll be there at the end cheering you on!

melissa said...

First off, i want to be the first person to say, i am a 100% faithful reader as well. i'm in california right now with brad and i couldn't go without a day to see if you updated. i hope that makes you feel good instead of making you feel creeped out, HA! but i loved all the updates when i got here. loved the pictures of les and brette, and loved the river pics-i got giddy, literally giddy thinking that will be us in a few weeks! also, my knee used to KILL when i would go running, and a girl told me to start doing pilates twice a week, just those 20 minute videos for the butt and thighs and its made a world of a difference! i don't know what it does in detail, but i guarantee if you start doing those-you'll feel a difference with the running, just thought i would throw that out.

Hilorie said...

Good luck tomorrow!!! I know you will do good!

the fellers said...

you are so good! Wish I could be there to cheer you on....

J & P Gibb said...

We are very proud of you for running that takes some disipline.
And you are a great mom, I wish my kids would have taken a soother.
Sometime when you go into Lethbridge take your running shoes with you, go to the running room store, used to be right on Mayor M, be prepared to put your sneakers on & roll up your pant legs(yes, shave those legs) and walk for the experts. It should not hurt that bad to run. You may need some different kind of shoe.
Good Luck. Auntie and Unc

Anonymous said...

pop some tylnol??? your sounding like steve!!
shann