Wednesday, June 10, 2009

One down, one to go.....

So for a while now I have been procrastinating two things. Potty training Summer and taking away her soother. Both equally painful in my opinion. Well she decided on her own that it was time to be potty trained. I have NEVER had any of my kids do this but she just decided it was time to start going in the potty and has been doing great ever since. No bribery, no treats, no charts, hardly any accidents. I think after the last year of crying non-stop, tantrums, clinging, stubbornness I deserve this. (she does have a sweet side too)

Now if I could only think of an easy way to take her soother away??... She is over 2 1/2 now and I know she looks completely ridiculous with it. Even Haylie told me the other day that Summer looks really cute without her soother. Any suggestions????

5 comments:

Jennie n Jeff said...

We did the 'binky' fairy with Abbey. We said there were some babies with no binkies and that the fairy would come and take it for another baby and leave a treat for her.... Worked for us, but everyone is different

the fellers said...

YAY! potty trained...I am jealous, although Scoty went poop in the toilet this morning, it was a great moment! I have no suggestions, Scoty just decided that he didnt like his soother at 9 months and Rylee has never taken one....you can do it, I know you can! you are wonderwoman!

Hilorie said...

I am SO jealous that Summer is potty trained. Maybe I need to come visit for she can give Cohen some hints!! Good luck with the soother!

The Eatons said...

k, it was delicious to find all these posts i haven't read yet. even though i mostly hear the stories from you in real life its still so fun to read your blog. here are all my replies:
1. you do have cute sisters
2. i am going to bite Kash's chubby hand right off. why is it so thick and juicy and why is he sucking his thumb in every picture. he gets cuter by the second. i love him like he was my own.
3. i like the shots of your parents. those were special.
4. how did i miss that fundraiser. next time call me so we can come by and contribute.
5. will you teach my kids piano? maybe haylie will be able to by then :0)
6. you have been looking extra cute the last few sundays. i am glad you got pictures- i really like your hair curly!

the end

Ashley said...

A couple of thoughts. First of all, Jen did not tell you how they broke Griffin's addiction. I believe they told him 'binkie's were for babies and had him throw it out at a friend's house (to keep him from searching for it at home). But please, if you find a way that works, let me know. Kaylee will not sleep without hers and I really want to have it out of our lives. I heard an idea where you cut off the bottom part, so that it doesn't suck really well. I'm thinking of trying that...although, is there a choking hazard there? Emma didn't ever take one so I have no great ideas of my own. Please share yours.