Thursday, June 25, 2009

Skater Boy....

Briggs has been bugging me for weeks that he wants a skateboard. I'm not one to go out and buy my kids whatever they want for no reason so I told him no, but maybe for his b-day I would think about it. I hoped that he would drop it after that but no. He still kept bugging me non-stop about it. So I told him he could earn money and buy his own. He immediately started doing little jobs around the house and earned a dollar that day. Then he wouldn't stop bugging me if he had enough money, and how much more he needed. At that point I was almost tempted to just go buy the kid a skateboard.

Then I remembered all the bottles and milk jugs that we had and I sent him gathering all of those up, putting them in garbage bags and hauling them to the burb. Then he called his Grandma Holland to see if she had any and sure enough she did. We brought them to the bottle depot which was disgusting by the way, and he got just enough to buy a skateboard.

Now the bike has been put on the back burner and he is riding his skateboard non-stop.

No comments: