Monday, June 22, 2009

Catch up.....

I feel like so much has been going on lately but then when I try and figure out what, I can't. Don't know if that makes any sense. Let's see....I did survive the run that I was in last weekend. I wanted to write about it earlier but I was waiting for Brette to email me pictures and it's just not working out, so I'll have to post them later. The whole morning before the race I had such a grumpy attitude about the whole thing. I'm definitely not a morning person so getting up before 6:00 had me a little grumpy, then I couldn't believe I was driving 45 minutes to run when I could just run here. Then I had to drive in, find parking, figure out where to go and what to do, find a bathroom. I just wasn't sure it was all worth it. But it was actually pretty fun once I got going. I finished it before the time I wanted to do it in. It was so fun seeing my mom come threw the finish line. Possibly the best part of the day. I was just so proud of her cause she is not a runner at all, and she worked hard to get ready for something she doesn't even like doing and then ran it in 59 minutes!!! She did so good!! Anyways it ended up being a really fun thing and I already have the bug to do it again!

So when I got home my kids were very excited to find out how I did. Haylie's first question of course was "did you get 1st?" I laughed and said no. She was pretty confident when she asked if I got 2nd. Then I had to tell her no again. You could tell she was worried that my feelings were going to be hurt because I didn't get 1st or 2nd. Then I told her I got 219th. She was so cute cause right away she said, "oh mom that's so good. There was a lot of people and 219th is really good. It really is good mom." I love that she was so worried that my feelings would be hurt. She is a thoughtful little girl.

My whole week last week was occupied with planning a softball tournament for the ladies league. For some reason I got put in charge of the league so I got to plan it. Really I don't have anything better to do.... Anyways it ended up turning out good, I found umps, found prizes, settled a little drama, and now it's over. And it was also my last year I'll have to do it. Yay!! It was fun, didn't win but oh well. And I got fried to a crisp. Not the nice tan look I was hoping for. My arms still hurt.

We are on to the last week of school. I have mixed feelings about it being over. Right now I'm more than ready for it to be done but I'm not looking forward to hearing, "I'm bored.", "Can I have a friend over.", "So and so won't play with me." Briggs has been out of school for a week now and I'll be glad to have the girls done so they can play with him. He is constantly needing someone to play with. From the second he wakes up he is asking for a friend. Luckily my mom said he could go out there for a couple days. It's crazy how much quieter the house is without him here. He loves to go out to the farm where he can ride his dirtbike and "help" Grandpa. Too bad it poured rain all day today and he's been stuck in the house all day. I'm sure my mom kept him busy. She is such a good, fun Grandma.

Hopefully something exciting, funny, or at least some what interesting happens in the next few days so I don't have to have another boring post like this one again.

2 comments:

the murdocks said...

Tracie, you amaze. You have a jam-packed life and still continue to have the greatest attitude in the world. We all want to be like you. I love your comment about having nothing better to do. HA! Just reading this got me freaking excited to come visit! WOOOOOOOO! Don't worry, all the stress in the world will leave once we are all there to party. Please just tell me it won't be pouring...

melissa said...

couldn't agree with stacie more-but i just had to tell you how much i was obsessed with hailey when you walked in the door! i seriously had to run and get brad to read it to him-that was so dang cute to me. i love your family, and like stace said, i seriously CAN'T WAIT!!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!! and WAY TO GO AUNT CONNIE FOR THE RACE! thats awesome!!